SESSION GUIDE & PRICING
ALL ABOUT PHOTO SESSIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How long is a session? A normal session takes about one hour.
- How much does it cost? Your photo session investment includes my time (including some travel), talent, editing of images, & password-protected online viewing gallery. The session fee does not include images or prints. You may purchase a digital download (or CD) of the high-resolution, fully-edited images with photographer's print release for your own personal use ($50). High-quality, professional prints & products are also available for purchase directly through my website (I use MPix). I do ask for a deposit of $50 upon booking (deposit amount will be taken off the price of your session. The deposit will hold your date, and is non-refundable. The remainder session fee is due at time of session).
- Families…$175 for one family (up to 6 people…up to 4 children and 2 adults, or 3-6 children)
- Children…$125 for 1-2 children
- Couples & Engagements…$150-$250
- Graduating senior portraits…$150+ (price depends on number of locations and/or clothing changes)
- Extended families or Large groups…$250+ (greater than 6 people with more than 2 adults)
- What about prints? If you purchase a digital download of the images ($50), you will be able to download the images directly from my website to your computer or other hard drive. You will also receive an authorization letter/print release, so that you may print as many photos as you want, through whichever website or store of your choice. Of course, you may order prints and products through my website. Your album will be available for viewing, downloading, and ordering for 60 days.
- How long does it take to get our pictures after the session? The photos are ready within 14 business days. I will contact you once I am finished editing, and provide you with a client ID & password for your album on my website, where you can view, share, order (and download if purchased).
- Where do we take the pictures? I recently moved to Metamora (if you've never heard of it, well it's country, and it's near Lapeer)! Most previous sessions were in the Saginaw area. I have also done photos in Midland, Bay City, Freeland, Shields, Bridgeport, Flint, Lapeer...(additional travel fee may apply). I am open to location suggestions, but I also have some recommendations. If you have seen a location in my previous work that you like, please ask about it!
- What if it rains or someone gets sick? Please call as soon as possible for illness, and I will be in touch about weather-related cancellations, and we will reschedule for the next possible day and time.
- What should we wear? You want your photos to reflect YOU! The best compliments I hear are "That is so us!" and "You captured our personalities!" I love to see the personalities of the kids or families come out during the session and in the photos. I would recommend not wearing all-black or all-white, since details get lost, and photos tend to lose personality . The best thing to wear is whatever your style is (some clients like to consult Pinterest for help with ideas on putting together color schemes or mixing patterns).
- Do you take photos indoors? Most of my sessions take place outdoors in natural light. Early morning (before 10) or an hour before dusk are the ideal times, although places that provide shade work well in the afternoon/early evening.
- What are your hours? I work by appointment only and my hours vary based on what time is best for the client.
- How do I contact you? I can be reached through email at email@example.com, through my website, or on Facebook messenger. I will then follow up by phone. Please contact me with any questions or special requests. I am happy to customize a package and will do my best to be flexible with whatever needs you may have!